Thank you for your interest in the Krewe of Black & Gold inaugural event, The Spirit of Louisiana Jazz Funeral & Second Line. This event is still in development, and additional information about the event will be announced in the near future.
In the meantime, here is information to address some of the questions you may have:
- This event is free and open to the public, funded by memberships and supported by sponsorships and grant funding. Contributions cover the event production costs, including fees for the brass bands, Social Aid & Pleasure Clubs, Mardi Gras Indians, plus law enforcement, city permits and related event expenses.
- The Krewe of Black & Gold is a Louisiana non-profit organization with 501(c)3 status pending.
- Only 500 Krewe of Black & Gold Founding Members’ opportunities are available with a one-time donation of $25 for Founding Member status, and $50 for VIP Founding Member status.
- No event vending, artwork or merchandise sale opportunities are available at this time.
- No pets are allowed in the procession other than service animals.
- No unauthorized motorized or wheeled vehicles are permitted in the procession.
- Krewe of Black & Gold Founding Memberships make great gifts! If you’re planning to gift memberships, a printable gift certificate will be available on the confirmation page after your purchase is completed.
- Event updates will be posted on the website plus via Facebook.com/KreweBlackAndGold.
SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES are also available. Sponsorships range from $500 to $25,000. For more information about support of this event, please email Info@KreweOfBlackAndGold.com.